Floor Installation Association of North America (FIANA) is a non-profit organization whose members are currently from throughout Canada and the United States.
Members must be Manufacturers or Distributors of floor installation products and/or flooring accessories.
Objective: "Professionalism Through Education."
FIANA has introduced the new FIANA Training Center, a web-based learning platform working in conjunction with its new partnership with BlueVolt.
The FIANA Training Center is comprised of training modules created and submitted by FIANA's manufacturing partners. These modules are available to inside counter and sales staffs at the FIANA distributor member locations.
This Association is a primary conduit to the floor covering industry, the goal and purpose of the FIANA membership (manufacturer and distributor) is to focus on the communication, education, and distribution of ideas, methods, and products to properly and professionally install all types of floor coverings.
1. The only annual membership convention and trade show dedicated exclusively to the development of a business to business partnership between manufacturer and distributor of floor covering installation products. The trade show is exclusively for exhibiting and selling products and methods for installing all types of floor covering materials.
2. Interact with members of this industry throughout the United States and Canada with the sharing of business issues, opportunities, ideas, and best practices.
3. An annual convention and trade show where top rated speakers share subjects that educate, motivate, and entertain, all designed to improve the members businesses and personal lives
4. A web based training program via the internet for the purpose of manufacturer members to educate distributor member associates 24/7 on their methods, products and solutions for installing flooring materials. Visit http://www.fiana.org and the Fiana Training Center for details of the program.
5. All members with branch locations are listed in the annual Membership Directory and also listed on the FIANA Website, http://www.fiana.org The website keeps up to date on all floor covering industry news
6. A monthly E-Mail newsletter to all members sharing member news, promotions, new products, and trade information.
CORE VALUE: To focus on the members desire to make money, save money, and to be of consistence value to the flooring covering industry. 1/11
The recent 18th annual convention and trade show in Orlando was another great event. Attendance, however, remained the same as last year, which was viewed as positive with the continuing instability in the economy.
The networking sessions on training branch personnel and the FIANA University were very informative with the sharing of current distributors approach to the issue. Jon Youngberg from the Tom Duffy Co. led this portion of the networking sessions.
The following session on how small businesses have and will be effective by the "Affordable Health Care Act, was also very informative and very engaged by the members in attendance. Click on the link below to view the PDF of the health care presentation by Gene Marks. Clicking on this same link will also lead you to his PDF on how small business are dealing with the current political issues that affect doing business in today's world.